Child Care Provider Program- On-Line Program
Upon completion of this program the graduate of the Child Provider Program can work as a nanny, babysitter, Child Care Provider in a private home, live-in caregiver for children, parent’s helper.
$150 (Domestic Student)
$250 (International Student)
$4500 (Domestic Student)
$13,500 (International Student)
6 months- 24 weeks 600 hours
Continuous intake. There is no wait list.
Tuition fees and other fees are approximate and subject to change due to yearly increases without notice. All program information including tuition and other fees, course/program content, length, admission requirements, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements, and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
Graduates of the Child Care Provider Program will be able to provide care for infants and children. Child Care Providers perform the following duties:
- Supervise and care for children in own or employer’s residence
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Plan, prepare and serve meals for children in addition to performing other housekeeping duties
- Oversee children’s activities, such as meals and rest periods, as instructed by the employer
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Instruct children in personal hygiene
- Tend to the emotional well-being of children and support their social development
- Discipline children based on the methods specified by the parents
- Organize and participate in activities such as games, crafts, reading and outings
- Take children to and from school and appointments
- Keep records of daily activities and health information concerning each child (if applicable)
Lifespan Growth and Development
Child Health, Safety and Nutrition
Foundations for Providing Child Care-Part 1
Foundations for Providing Child Care- Part 2
Foundations for Providing Child Care- Part 3
The child care provider course was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.