1) All applicants should be high school graduates OR 19 years or older at the start of the applicant’s program or course
(2) Applicants who wish to qualify as domestic students must produce valid documentation confirming their legal status as Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
(3) Applicants who are classified as International students must meet the requirements for international students studying in Canada as laid down by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
(4) Applicants must demonstrate an acceptable level of English language skills to enroll in any program. The minimum level of English is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
All applicants to the College must demonstrate proficiency in English by providing proof of one of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: overall band of 5.5 or higher, with a minimum of 5 in each band.
- Coastal College of British Columbia (CCBC) Language Proficiency Assessment score of 40 (In-house testing)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): score of 68 or higher.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Score of 42 or higher
- Canadian Language Benchmarks- Score of 6 in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- English 12, English Literature 12, Communications 12 or English 12 First Peoples with a C
- Post- secondary English- 6 credits with a C
(5) Applicants are required to complete a criminal record search before beginning the practicum/work experience.
(6) Applicants are required to complete basic First Aid before beginning the practicum/work experience.
(7) To be successful in an online course, students need to be able to:
- Copy and paste
- Locate and upload a file
- Use a web browser and a word processor
- Send and receive emails
Easy sign up! Begin your program in 5 easy steps…
- Register online using a desktop computer or a laptop. Upload all documents. Pay one-time application fee.
- When you receive your Student Enrollment Contract, sign!
- Pay first installment through PAYPAL or e-transfer.
- Purchase textbook.
- Begin your course.