1) All applicants should be high school graduates OR 19 years or older at the start of the applicant’s program or course
(2) Applicants who wish to qualify as domestic students must produce valid documentation confirming their legal status as Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
(3) Applicants who are classified as International students must meet the requirements for international students studying in Canada as laid down by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
(4) Applicants must demonstrate an acceptable level of English language skills. The minimum level of English is IELTS 5 for the program, or equivalent. Please see list below for acceptable level of English Language Skills.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: overall band of 6 or higher, with a minimum 5.0 in each band
- Coastal College of British Columbia (CCBC) Language Proficiency Assessment score of 35 (In-house testing)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): iBT 88 or higher, with no sub score less than 20,
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): Score of 70 or higher with no sub score less than 60
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Score of 61 or higher
- Language Proficiency Index (LPI): Level 5 with an essay score of 30 or higher
- Canadian Language Benchmarks-
- English 12 with a C
- Post- secondary English- 6 credits
(5) Applicants are required to complete a criminal record search before beginning the practicum/work experience.
(6) Applicants are required to complete basic First Aid before beginning the practicum/work experience.
(7) To be successful in an online course, students need to be able to:
- Copy and paste
- Locate and upload a file
- Use a web browser and a word processor
- Send and receive emails
Easy sign up! Begin your program in 5 easy steps…
- Register online using a desktop computer or a laptop. Upload all documents. Pay one-time application fee.
- When you receive your Student Enrollment Contract, sign!
- Pay first installment through PAYPAL or e-transfer.
- Purchase textbook.
- Begin your course.