8 courses are completed online.
180 hour practicum is completed in a school setting.
800- hours of Coursework and 180- hour practicum
$150 (Domestic Student)
$250 (International Student)
$6,000 (Domestic Student)
$18,000 (International Student)
Start Date: Intake at the first Monday of each month.
Education Assistants (EAs) work with teachers to support students with diverse and complex learning stretches, and special needs.
The supports they provide may include behavior management, curriculum implementation, social skills development, personal care and physical assistance.
EAs may work with a school-based team including teachers, parents, school administration, and medical professionals to support a student’s physical, emotional, and learning needs. They also help to implement an individualized education plan (IEP) designed to help students thrive in the classroom.
This program is approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
Elementary and secondary school Education Assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Promote inclusion of special needs students in the classroom and the school
- Support students individually and/or in small groups with to reinforce learning and retain concepts under the supervision of the classroom teacher
- Monitor and report student progress to classroom teacher
- Accompany and supervise students at recess and lunch, during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- Collaborate with other professionals to support student learning and progress
For further information, please contact us at: [email protected]
See our course outline here