Graduates of the Education Assistant program will be eligible to support the learning needs of students in the K-12 school system, preschool, daycare centres and in the community. They assist in areas of personal care, learning support and behaviour management under the supervision of teachers or other child care professionals.
This program is approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
Elementary and secondary school Education Assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Promote inclusion of special needs students in the classroom and the school
- Support students individually and/or in small groups with to reinforce learning and retain concepts under the supervision of the classroom teacher
- Monitor and report student progress to classroom teacher
- Accompany and supervise students at recess and lunch, during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- Collaborate with other professionals to support student learning and progress
For further information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See our course outline here